Billboard & The Hollywood Reporter is hiring an Associate Director of International Business Development and Licensing to help manage and grow its rapidly expanding global Media Entertainment and Consumer Products (CP) licensing business. The successful candidate will play a key role in widening the international footprint for the brands via local licensing partnerships across multiple Media platforms and CP categories.
The Associate Director position requires demonstrated knowledge of international Media Entertainment and CP licensing business models, brand management/development, consumer marketing, licensing and/or retail product marketing. The candidate will manage the Billboard and The Hollywood Reporter international media and CP licensing initiatives in key territories and will report directly to the Business Development and Licensing team. S/he will work closely with key internal departments to perform due diligence, find best-in-class partners, negotiate deals, set up, launch and manage partnerships for long term success to achieve aggressive departmental growth plan and revenue targets.
Business and market development responsibilities include managing a network of local/regional Agents as well as multi-country licensing clients in the development, distribution and growth of Media Entertainment and Consumer Products. Media Entertainment platforms include Print, Digital, Mobile, TV, Radio, Social Media and Events among others. Product categories range from Apparel and Accessories to Electronics and Promotions among others.
Scope and Responsibilities
- Develop International licensing business and manage relationships of our media partners, licensing agents and licensing/retail clients in key markets
- Develop new business opportunities and plans to further expand our businesses in new international markets and deliver on financial goals
- Manage financial P&L and budget
- Assist network of licensees and Agents in developing and providing sales support materials and managing approvals processes
- Develop market growth strategies for new media platforms (e.g. Print, Web, Mobile, TV, Radio, Events and Venues), new channels of distribution/retail and new product categories with existing and new partners
- Work with Billboard and The Hollywood Reporter business groups (Brand Partnerships, Marketing, Content/Editorial, Social Media, Charts) to ensure core brand principles and attributes are inherent in International Media and CP extensions, and to leverage assets and expertise within the company to deliver integrated marketing/promotional programs
- Minimum 5 years experience in Media Entertainment Licensing, CP Brand Development and/or Business Development. International experience is preferred
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating deals and developing successful business plans across Media platforms: Print, Web, Mobile, TV, Radio
- Experience and knowledge of licensing, product development and retail distribution particularly in department store, specialty and mass channels
- Experience in negotiating licensed business relationships and managing a network of regional agent businesses. Ability to lead development of marketing/creative/approvals projects as well as management of marketing budgets
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strategic planner and ability to think quickly
- Highly organized with strong follow-through
- Multi-task oriented and self-starter
- Team player able to build relationships across business units
- Flexibility to create programs across diverse international markets
- Multi-lingual skills a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field