Prometheus Global Media is a diversified company with leading assets in the media and entertainment arenas, including: Music (Billboard and its related conference events) and Film (The Hollywood Reporter and it's related conference events).
Job Requirements | Qualifications
If you are fully bilingual (Spanish/English) passionate about Latin music, its artists and its players, you relish the constant flow of music and news that they generate and you thrive in a fast-paced, high energy environment, this is for you. We are looking for a dynamic, music-loving, self-starting, motivated assistant editor for Billboard and Billboard en español, our sister site on Telemundo.com.
- Cover the day to day of Latin music for Billboard’s online properties, billboard.com and billboard.biz, and will also be in charge of supplying content in Spanish and English to billboardenespanol.com.
- Will work under our executive director of Latin content in covering all aspects of the Latin music industry and generating continuous, daily original, dynamic content that includes videos, articles and social media posts.
- In charge of supplying daily content to billboardenespanol.com, including original content created specifically for the site, or content translated from billboard.com. You will act as the liaison between Telemundo.com and Billboard, ensuring that billboardenespanol.com at all times has necessary content, and that that content reflects Billboard standards and tone. You will also be in charge of Billboard en espanol’s social media accounts.
- Experience working in a fast-paced newsroom is absolutely essential as is knowledge of social media and what makes people tick.
- Daily postings include: A minimum of three stories per day in Spanish, and sometimes English for Billboardenespanol.com. Content can include news stories, album and track reviews, artist interviews, original content and analysis plus the creation of photo galleries and polls for billboardenespanol.com.
- Generate daily social content and daily postings on twitter and Facebook.
- Constant communication with both Telemundo and Billboard teams is expected.
- Skilled writer and team player for which no job is too big or too small and who is available for night and weekend coverage as needed.
- Knowledge of site dynamics and what generates the most traction online.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a MUST. Writing tests will be administered in both languages.
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience covering music and entertainment. Experience in a newsroom is absolutely required.
- Active in social media and aware of the direct effect it has on content consumption.
- Proven experience handling social media accounts and posting on a daily basis.
- Knowledgeable and passionate about the Latin music market.
- Familiarized with the processes of digital content creation, experienced in the use of content management systems.
- Excellent editorial judgment.
- College degree required.
The above are minimum requirements. We welcome resumes from more experienced candidates. Compensation and responsibilities will depend on experience/qualifications.
Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted. No phone calls, no agencies please. Billboards offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits.
Billboard is an equal opportunity employer.