The Director, Audience Acquisition will be directly responsible for growing audience size, engagement, and reach for the Billboard-Hollywood Reporter Media Group’s suite of digital properties. This position will require a full range of knowledge and proven ability to execute on content marketing, syndication, social media, e-mail and paid digital acquisition strategies.
The ideal candidate will have experience with all the tools for audience acquisition; is both creative and innovative when solving the audience growth puzzle, and analytical in the design and measurement of well-defined tests. Paid social marketing experience is a plus. An obsession with audience growth, addiction to analytics, and an unyielding focus on beating goals are all a plus.
The Director of Audience Acquisition reports directly to the SVP of Analytics and Audience Development.
- Develop and execute customer acquisition strategy to attract new users and increase loyalty of existing users.
- Develop campaigns that extend reach and engagement across all platforms; web, mobile and video.
- Identify and prioritize channels and methods for audience growth -- search, social, syndication, subscribers, and beyond.
- Oversee external vendors and ensure they execute their responsibilities as agreed upon.
- Select and manage all third party tools related to Audience Acquisition.
- Feedback and collaboration with editors and other content and business stakeholders on strategies -- what worked, what didn’t work, and why.
- Manage and implement all paid audience acquisition activities including social and search including campaigns for inventory support and editorial initiatives.
- Manage email campaigns including overall strategy, messaging, email acquisition, win back programs and solutions to increase sales generated from emails.
- Perform formal A/B testing to identify and execute site optimization to increase audience conversion.
- Produce daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly editorial reports relating to outcomes based on the data analysis for various audiences. Present data in a clear, concise and actionable format.
- Identify growth opportunities using external/internal data platforms. Work with editorial and social staffs to execute traffic growth projects including content, promotion and optimization strategies.
- Understand audience segmentation in detail and help outline user behavior and profiles that are key to our overall audience development strategy.
- Assist with qualitative research such as readership studies and surveys.
- Oversee SEO manager, search growth and other content optimization strategies.
- 6 – 10 years experience managing audience acquisition/digital marketing, preferably for a digital publisher or media company for which traffic growth is key.
- Proven audience growth results increasing KPIs
- Experience managing a paid audience acquisition budget
- High fluency with all current (and future) analytics platforms – Google Analytics, Chartbeat, native social analytics -- is essential.
- BA/BS required. MBA a plus.
The Billboard-Hollywood Reporter Media Group, which reaches a growing audience of more than 40M US uniques monthly, includes Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, Spin, Vibe, Stereogum and Death and Taxes. The company has operations based in New York City and Los Angeles and syndicates content to more than 16 countries worldwide.