About the Role:
Billboard / Hollywood Reporter Media Group is seeking an experienced product media executive who is passionate about building and leading a world class product team.
As VP of Product, you will report to our Chief Technology Officer and be responsible for strategizing, developing, delivering, and executing on our product roadmap and vision. Leading our growing product team, you will evangelize a data-driven product strategy and drive thought leadership while working to coach, grow and develop each individual member of your team. You will collaborate closely with executive leadership as well as the design & engineering teams and other cross-functional teams, to further build and develop our world class digital platforms, and bring our digital product strategy and content operations to life.
- Build and manage the product roadmap, priorities, and iterative processes while working cross-functionality to incorporate feedback from both internal and external stakeholders, as well as supporting data.
- Ensure complex business needs are documented and reflected in product roadmaps and in the resulting products.
- Provide inspirational leadership, motivation and hands-on direction to product development team.
- Cultivate a milestone-driven culture, in which milestones are achieved.
- Establish and implement a highly effective product development process rooted in regular communication with executive team and stakeholders
- Develop products that will drive successful growth of audience, user engagement and revenue throughout the digital ecosystem.
- Drive consistency of execution across every phase of our group’s digital media product offerings.
- Build superior content operations that can support an ever-changing digital ecosystem, and content distribution channels.
- Effectively manage and prioritize resources across product platforms.
- Attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
- 7+ years applicable experience in a media product leadership role.
- Extensive experience in product development & technology in a media / video setting. Experience with agile development practices a plus.
- Track record of developing market leading products, preferably in the digital or video space, with relevant experience defining or owning a product area.
- Expert understanding of video & display advertising, ad serving and the economics of digital media.
- Ability to weigh competing priorities, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with stakeholders, driving to consensus across cultural and functional lines while maintaining a clear focus on overarching business priorities.
- Extensive expertise in all levels of product life-cycle from product requirements gathering, architecture, planning and creation as well as review of acceptance test plans.
- Have Knowhow of User Experience and Usability and be able to apply it to the product.
- Data and metrics driven with experience developing dashboards and key metrics to track KPIs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Able to write and present to non-digitally savvy audiences.
- Team leadership skills with the ability to balance creative thinking with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to apply sound judgment to make decisions in line with overall development strategy and process.
- Strategic thinker with a strong ability to collaborate with C-level executives and work collaboratively with a driven leadership team.
About our Company:
Billboard-Hollywood Reporter Media Group is the #4 entertainment news and music publisher, reaching a growing audience of 45 million people a month and garnering over 2 billion annual online views of video content. In addition to The Hollywood Reporter and Billboard, the company’s brands include SPIN, VIBE and Stereogum. The company has operations based in New York City and Los Angeles and syndicates content to more than 16 countries worldwide.
Billboard-Hollywood Reporter Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.