The Hollywood Reporter is a weekly magazine based in Los Angeles. We are seeking a full-time Designer. The position reports to the Creative Director.
The candidate should have minimum 3 years of experience at a design studio, advertising agency or ideally, publication. He/she should be a fast, clean designer who is ready to work on all sections of the magazine ranging from small front-of-book stories to seasonal packages of 6-plus pages in a fast-paced environment. They should have strong conceptual and typographic skills and have an excellent eye for detail, including the ability to create collages, small infographics and maps on occasion. The Designer will work with the photo team and editors on individual stories and follow the project through the shipping cycle in collaboration with the production team. This job requires the Designer to simultaneously juggle multiple assignments effectively in an organized manner, while producing innovative ideas and designs with minimal supervision.
• Must have a BFA with a major in Graphic Design or the equivalent.
• Must know how to use Adobe CC (InDesign/Photoshop/Illustrator), experience using K4 a plus.
• Should have good communication skills
• Keen attention to details, be organized
• Able to work collaboratively with others
• Ability to meet deadlines and thrive in a fast paced environment
• Qualified candidates: please email your cover letter, resume and a PDF version of your portfolio to mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted. No phone calls, no agencies please. The Hollywood Reporter is an Equal Opportunity Employer.