We are seeking an experienced Product Data Scientist to join our team of high-performing product managers & software engineers to help identify business opportunities and optimize product performance, engagement and revenue.
Successful candidates will be responsible for empowering our team with meaningful data, validating new products and features, identifying optimization opportunities, and paving the road for our rapidly growing digital ecosystem. The candidate will be working on a myriad of projects and efforts, including many driven by their own insights and findings, delivering high-impact recommendations that will benefit both the users and the business, as well as help shape our product strategy.
Data is your passion, you're eager to learn, and you're ready to work in a rapidly changing and dynamic environment working with latest technologies while fully exercising your skillset.
- Analyze and mine both structured and unstructured data to drive product centric, as well as user & revenue centric insights and decisions
- Create automated reports and data visualizations to track key business metrics tied to our product & release lifecycles
- Work with product team to validate functionality and advise on data and analytics tracking
- Set up real-time alerts
- Craft compelling stories; make logical recommendations; drive informed actions
- Analyze historical data and identify opportunities for optimization
- Develop and test analytical solutions to be leveraged by both internal and external clients
- Fulfill ad-hoc query requests & analysis
- BS in Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Operational Research, Marketing, Business, Economics, Applied Mathematics, or another quantitative field of study.
- Experience with Google Analytics & Google Tag Management
- Experience performing advanced data transformations in SQL and Excel and excited to learn Google BigQuery
- Advanced knowledge of at least one scripting language
- Experience with A/B testing and collecting and leveraging user event data for analysis
- Experience analyzing, visualizing and presenting data
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to interact cross-functionally with both technical and non-technical people.
- Ability to handle a large workload and efficiently prioritize
- Forward thinking, dynamic, and innovative
- 2+ years applicable experience
- Experience with Digital Media
- Experience using BI or visualization software
- Familiarity with a Unix/Linux environment for automating processes with shell scripting
- Familiarity with R, SAS, or SPSS for statistical modeling, clustering, classification, machine learning, and data/text mining
The Billboard-Hollywood Reporter Media Group, which reaches a growing audience of more than 45M US unique monthly users, includes Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, SPIN, VIBE and Stereogum. The company has operations based in New York City and Los Angeles and syndicates content to more than 16 countries worldwide.