Billboard & The Hollywood Reporter Media Group is hiring a Director of Consumer Products Licensing to help manage and grow its rapidly expanding global Consumer Products (CP) licensing business. The successful candidate will play a key role in driving growth for the brands via licensing partnerships across multiple CP categories.
The Director position requires demonstrated knowledge of CP licensing, brand management/development and consumer/retail product marketing. The candidate will manage the Billboard & The Hollywood Reporter global licensing initiatives in key territories and will report directly to the SVP of Business Development & Licensing. S/he will work closely with key internal departments to perform due diligence, find best-in-class partners, negotiate/close deals, set up, launch and manage partnerships for long term success to achieve aggressive departmental growth plan and revenue targets.
Business and market development responsibilities include managing a network of existing CP licensees and regional Agents as well as multi-country CP programs currently in development. Priority product categories include branded Electronics & Music Accessories, Apparel & Accessories, Mobile Accessories, Home, Stationary & Gift as well as other new business opportunities including branded venues and festivals.
Scope and Responsibilities
- Develop/manage CP licensing business, partners and relationships with agents and retail partners
- Develop new business opportunities and plans for expanding the brands’ products businesses into new markets and deliver on departmental financial and strategic goals
- Assist in managing financial P&L and budgets for the department
- Develop strategies for market growth with existing and new partners, including new channels of distribution/retail and new product segments to enter
- Manage licensee product approval processes
- Work with Billboard & The Hollywood Reporter business groups (Brand Partnerships, Marketing, Creative, Content/Editorial, Social Media, Charts) to ensure core brand principles and attributes are inherent in CP extensions, and to leverage assets and expertise within the company to help grow CP programs.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in CP licensing with experience in brand development, marketing and/or business development.
- Demonstrated track record of developing and executing on business plans and marketing/retail programs to drive consumer products revenue
- Experience and knowledge of licensing, product development and retail distribution particularly in department store, specialty and mass channels
- Experience negotiating licensed business relationships, including working with Legal on contract negotiation and execution.
- Ability to lead development of marketing/creative projects as well as management of budgets
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strategic planner and ability to think quickly
- Highly organized with strong follow-through
- Multi-task oriented and self-starter
- Team player able to build relationships across business units
- Creative thinker with ability to ideate new programs in a fast changing retail market
- Bachelor’s degree (in business, marketing or related field preferred)